Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

Hi all!  I hope everyone drives safe this weekend.  I have been busting my caboose the last few days making this feast:

Appetizers - Shrimp and Irish cheese

Turkey (Terry's brine recipe is so good!)
Cornbread stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Green bean casserole
Brussel spouts
Cranberry sauce (also Terry)
Pumpkin and Pecan pie

I am giving into my wife a little with a few menu items this year.  My Thanksgivings as a kid were on the east coast in Rhode Island, so seafood played a role in our dinners.  I love mussels and clams, but my wife is not the biggest fan.  Shrimp is making an appearance as an appetizer, but that's it.

I'm a Minnesota boy and this is my first Thanksgiving in many years without wild rice.  I love it, but my wife wanted cornbread stuffing.  I'm making a huge turkey and so that means turkey soup and turkey tetrazzini served over wild rice on Saturday.  I'm good.

I'm thankful for a lot this year.  I have a great producer, Bryan, who makes me sound good.  Everyone at the station is great to work with.  Chad the owner, Ian the PD, and everyone else make my job fun and easy.

Thanks to the listeners.  You guys really do make my job great.  I thank you for the support and being there.  Somedays this job is not easy to do, but I can always depend on you.  Thank you.

Thank you also to great guests.  The regulars:  Ken Martin, Ben Johnson, Jeff Stein, Dan Brooks, Aaron Rupar, Briana Bierschbach, and Cliff Schecter.  The rest - John Fugelsang, Carlos Alazraqui, Dessa, The Walker, The Soap Facotry, The Historical Society, Speaker of the Minnesota House Paul Thissen, The Minnesota Orchestra, Astronaut Abby, Jon Tevlin, Terry John Zila, Congressmen Keith Ellison, Tim Walz and Rick Nolan, Senator Al Franken, Secretary of State Elect Steve Simon, Vinny Howard from the Marine Corps League, Dave Randall, Scott Wolter, Jayne Jones and her crew, Kate Tracy, Senator Melisa Franzen, Holly Muñoz, Mike McIntee, and all the great authors I've gotten to talk to.

Please support the sponsors of the station.  These are a lot of great businesses supporting the station. I want to say a special thanks to The Park Tavern, Rudy Luther Toyota Scion, Great Clips, The Minnesota Historical Society, and Semper Fi Marines S.com for sponsoring the show itself.

One note about Black Friday.  Please remember, buy local and buy American made!  These are very important not just this time of year, but all year long.

Have a great Thanksgiving and I'll be back with the Friday link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).