Friday, October 24, 2014

The Friday Link for 10/24/14

This one seems predestined.

Earlier this week I saw one of those "best of, most outrageous, wildest" lists.  I usually do not click on them, but when it was "funniest moments from classic sitcoms from the 70's and 80's," well, click away!

A lot of great moments were featured, including Soap, WKRP in Cincinnati, Cheers, Archie Bunker and The Jeffersons, but it was one scene I had forgotten completely about which had me laughing as hard as I did when I first saw it as a kid.

Taxi was a sitcom which launched numerous careers, including Christopher Lloyd who played the character Reverend Jim.  In this scene, he had to go take his drivers test, accompanied by Judd Hirsch, Tony Danza, the late Jeff Conaway and the stunning then, stunning now Marilu Henner.  Missing from this scene are two other giants from the show, Andy Kaufman and Danny DeVito.  What ensues is a display of genius from Lloyd, who keeps ramping this scene up and up into comedy gold.  How any of them kept a straight face, I'll never know.

Here is why I said this was predestined.  My son, whose birthday was last weekend, is having his 'friend' party tonight.  Five 12/13 year old boys will eventually watch Back to the Future this evening.  When I mentioned Christopher Lloyd was in a funny show when I was a kid, he wanted to see this clip.  Not only was he laughing hysterically, he also asked "who's that" when he saw Marilu Henner.

Enjoy on your Friday night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvn-tBeLpCk



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).