Friday, October 17, 2014

The Friday Link for 10/17/14

Performance, as an art form, can be quite lovely, but there is one type which we often don't label as art, comedy.  When was the last time you saw something funny and then marveled at the artistic nature of it?

My sister-in-law has been visiting from Rhode Island this week.  She was a theater teacher for many years and was telling me most actors have the hardest time with comedy.  She says it's the timing.  Makes a lot of sense.  Most actors might not have experienced the exact tragedy of the character they are portraying, but can draw on their own tragedy to help convey the emotions.  Doesn't work the same way for comedy.

If you go to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, on the 2nd floor, tucked in the back, is an exhibit on Nature Art.  In one of the video areas they're showing what at first looks like a nature video about a certain animal, but actually is a comedy bit, which is very artistic on many different levels.  The artist is Ze Frank and he has a whole video channel dedicated to these videos.  They are a riot, at times a little adult, but very well done.

I also think the guys voice and delivery are near perfect.

The first video of his I watched was the one I'm linking to tonight, True Facts About the Owl.  Enjoy, it's your Friday link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFxdkaFzRA

Follow him on You Tube and check out all of his work.  Very Solid!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).