Friday, August 15, 2014

The Friday Link for 8/15/14

I remember being a kid in Rhode Island and watching television with my parents.  What I remember most was the funny stuff, the stuff where my parents would both be laughing uncontrollably. Cheers was always a favorite, The Muppet Show too.  I remember watching The Blues Brothers when it was the Saturday Night Movie of the Week!  I can still she the tears of laughter on my moms face while my father chuckled loudly.  Then there was The Pink Panther.

Peter Sellers was an amazing talent.  His ability to stay in character, regardless of how ludicrous the situation, is unmatched.  Some of his comedy is dated, especially with certain ethnic references, but his Inspector Clouseau was a thing of beauty.

Here is the best of his matches against Cato.  I can still hear my parents laughing when I watched this many years ago.  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUD7FRStbY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).