Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams

I have 5000 things I want to write about, but the only thing I can think about is the loss of Robin Williams, one of the greatest funny men this world was ever blessed with.

I remember watching Happy Days in early 1978 and a new character stopping by for a one time visit, Mork from Ork.  It was so good, in the Fall of that year, Mork and Mindy became one of the most popular shows on television.  Overnight, everyone at Wickford Elementary in Wickford, Rhode Island was going "Nanu-nanu!"  I was 9 going on 10.

Let me point out two roles I really loved.  The World According to Garp was a heartbreaking film and William's first real serious dramatic role.  I remember his casting being met with a lot of criticism, but he was tremendous in that movie.  The other, Aladdin.  He made Genie an iconic character.

Here is a great way to spend 90 minutes.  I am sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCxqbT2Ru8

Depression is a serious disease.  If you know someone who might be depressed, help them find the support they need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).